From the Health news article:
A mother’s warning about back-to-school shopping has gone viral after her daughter developed a serious infection and nearly died after trying on shoes at a store in the United Kingdom. The 4-year-old child wore sandals to the store and was barefoot while she tried on other shoes, her mother said, which may have allowed her to pick up a dangerous infection.
“For all parents please put socks on you’re [sic] children while trying new shoes on,” Jodie Thomas wrote on Facebook last month. “I’m guilty not doing it for mine and myself, but this can be the outcome infection spreading throughout the body.”
Read more at the link: